Strengthen your society and specialty by participating in the AAP's Monthly Member Referral Campaign! The AAP is looking for more great members like you. Refer your colleagues so they, too, can reap the benefits of being a part of your physiatry family. If your referral becomes a member, you will be entered into a drawing for a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
We Are Better Together
Want to make your AAP membership more valuable? Invite prospective members at your institution and in your networks to join! A growing AAP means greater prominence for physiatry among the medical community, more resources and support for our members, and a larger network of physiatry professionals that you can tap into as mentors, collaborators and lifelong friends.Here are a few resources to help you get started.
Refer & Win a $50 Gift Card!
You will get one entry into a monthly drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card with each new or reinstated* member you recruit. One winner will be announced each month in the AAP's weekly e-newsletter. *Reinstatements are defined as memberships that have not been active since 2017 or earlier.
Make sure the individuals that you refer provide your name so that you can get credit. There are two ways to get credit for a referral:
- Print copies of the AAP membership application to hand out personally to your colleagues, auto-filling your name in the “Referred by” section.
- Ask your referrals to provide your name when they apply for membership online.
Recruiting new members to the AAP is easy. Follow these tips to maximize the likelihood that your peers will join.
- Identify the Best Prospects. Review your network and identify those who could benefit most from AAP membership. Start with your home institution or program. Professors, Associate and Assistant Professors, Researchers, Residents/ Fellows and Medical Students are all great prospects. We also have a strong cohort for Program Coordinators and Administrative Directors! When you meet new individuals, ask whether or not they are a member of the AAP.
- Know the Benefits of Membership. The AAP provides a wealth of valuable resources to its members. The more familiar that you are with these benefits, the better equipped you will be to discuss them. Remember why you first joined and the role the AAP has played as your career has grown.
- Give Examples. Provide authentic and tangible examples of how your AAP membership has benefited your career. A personal testimonial from a trusted peer is one of the strongest tools when recruiting members.
- Focus on Their Needs. Ask questions about their career goals, sought-after resources, challenges they face, and information they are looking for. Based on their answers, identify and highlight the AAP benefits that will be of greatest value to them.
- Close With a Plan of Action. After discussing the value of membership and your experiences with the AAP, share a membership application or the link to join online. Always refer them to the AAP website so that they can get more information if needed.
- Follow Up. Check back in a week to inquire about whether they’ve joined and answer any additional questions. If they haven’t joined, this follow-up can serve as a reinforcing reminder.
- Thank Them. Send them a short email thanking them for considering AAP membership and supporting research, education and academic development.
Rules & Regulations
- Only active members in good-standing can participate in the Monthly Member Referral program.
- This program is not valid on recent renewals. Only new and reinstated memberships qualify for credit. Reinstatements are defined as memberships that have not been active since 2017 or earlier.
- This program is not valid on group renewals.
- To receive credit for a recruitment/referral, the new member must include the referring member’s name on their application or online profile. You will get one entry in our drawing for each member that joins or renews under your referral.
- Winners will be announced via email the first week of each month.
- Prizes are non-transferable and may not be exchanged for alternative prizes.
- Program rules and incentives are subject to change by the AAP.
For questions, resources or additional info, contact:
Jackie Dilworth, Communications & Marketing Manager
(410) 654-1000 or via Email