Hosting a PM&R Medical Student Fair at your institution is a great way to introduce medical students to the specialty and provide them with a hands-on look into the world of physical medicine and rehabilitation.
The Association of Academic Physiatrists is able to provide funding to sites interested in presenting a PM&R Medical Student Fair locally based on the following guidelines:
- A site may request up to $1,000 per year to support their program
- Funding must be requested at least two months in advance of the event
- The PM&R Medical Student Fair funding application below must be completed to be considered
- The requesting site must supply direct or in-kind matching funds in the amount requested to help fund the fair
- A final report detailing successes, photos and email addresses of attendees is due to the AAP within 30 days following the date of the PM&R Fair
- The grant will include two AAP Medical Student memberships. These may be used as give-away items at the discretion of the organizers
Your application must include the following:
For more information, contact Jackie Dilworth, Marketing & Communications Manager, at email@example.com or 410-654-1000.
- Complete PM&R Fair Application
- PM&R Fair Budget (Excel spreadsheet)
- A letter of support from the PM&R Department (may be from the faculty sponsor, Program Director or Department Chair)