AAP Residents - Serve on the AAMC Organization of Resident Representatives
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Posted by: Bernadette Rensing
AAP Now Accepting Nominations for National Leadership Opportunity
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) invites the AAP to appoint two (2) resident physicians to serve in the Organization of Resident Representatives (ORR).
The ORR provides a resident voice on policy matters before the association and further offers leadership and professional development opportunities for those interested in academic medicine careers, through venues with peers, specialty society and faculty leaders, and related members of the medical education community. The ORR rep also serves on the AAP Resident/Fellow Council leadership team.
The AAP is requesting nominations for one new appointee to join Marissa Pavlinich, MD (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center) as AAP resident rep for the ORR.
AAMC will fully fund travel and meeting related expenses associated with ORR attendance of both AAP residents to attend both the AAMC fall meeting and ORR spring professional development conference.
Please note, appointed residents are asked to bring the specialty perspective of fellow resident trainees to the deliberations of the ORR and are not explicitly expected to represent policy positions of the AAP.
- Candidate must be a member of AAP (or join prior to the nomination deadline)
- Candidate must be actively enrolled in a residency or fellowship program as of July 1, 2018
- Concurrently serving appointees should be enrolled at different institutions
- Institutions are limited to two (2) nominees per residency program
Meetings to Attend
- Residents should secure time off to attend the following upcoming AAMC meeting:
Learn Serve Lead 2018: The AAMC Annual Meeting
November 2-6, 2018, Austin, Texas
- Residents should attend a mandatory virtual new member orientation:
July 11 @9am ET or July 25 @12pm ET
1) A letter of recommendation from the nominee’s Program Director, including support for nominee’s attendance at ORR meeting
2) A letter of recommendation from the nominee’s Department Chair, including support for nominee's attendance at ORR meetings
3) A written statement of commitment to attend ORR activities from the nominee
4) Nominee’s CV
Please send all materials to Jewel Fossett at email@example.com. The deadline for nominations is June 8, 2018.