Hosting a PM&R Medical Student Fair at your institution is a great way to introduce medical students to the specialty and to provide them with a hands-on look into the world of physical medicine and rehabilitation.
The Association of Academic Physiatrists is able to provide funding to sites interested in presenting a PM&R Medical Student Fair locally based on the following guidelines:
- A site may request up to $1,000 per year to support their program
- Funding must be requested prior to the program, no more than four (4) months in advance.
- The PM&R Medical Student Fair Funding Application included below must be completed to be considered for funding.
- The requesting site must supply matching funds in the amount requested from alternate funding sources.
- A final report is due to AAP within 60 days following the date of the PM&R Fair.
- The grant will include two (2) AAP Medical Student memberships. These may be used as give-away items at the discretion of the organizers.
Your application must include the following:
For more information, contact Member Services Manager Amy Schnappinger at email@example.com or 410-654-1000.
- Complete PM&R Fair Application
- PM&R Fair Budget (Excel spreadsheet)
- A letter of support from the PM&R Department (may be from the faculty sponsor, Program Director, or Department Chair)