The AAP Membership Committee and Residents/Fellows Council would like
to invite you to participate in the AAP Mentor Programs. The program
was created with the goal of providing you a variety of opportunities to
share your knowledge, experience, skills and perspective with other
members of AAP and assist them as they grow in their professional lives.
The different mentorship programs being offered include the following:
A Day in the Life - A short-term mentoring program created to provide medical students and residents with a
chance to shadow a physiatrist for a day or two to get a different
perspective of the specialty or your particular sub-specialty.
Research - An opportunity to mentor an aspiring AAP member focused on a career in research.
Academic/Educator - Help guide a junior AAP member interested in pursuing an academic career and offer guidance in planning the next steps.
Administrator - This is an opportunity to mentor an AAP member new to the
administrative role in a PM&R department and to provide the
perspective that comes with your experience.
- All Mentors are required to be an active Diplomate or Administrative Director member of AAP (you can join now!)
- Mentors must complete a short application form to sign up for the program.
- AAP's Mentor Program is a one-year program.
- Mentors and mentees are expected to communicate regularly based on their established schedule.
- The level of commitment for all of the programs will be determined by you and your mentee.
- You will be asked to provide feedback to the AAP about your experience with the Mentor Program.
- Still looking for more? These may help. Mentor Program Guidelines & First Meeting Checklist
- The deadline to sign up to serve as a Mentor was September 1, 2014.
We thank you in advance for the tremendous impact you will have in taking an active role in guiding our future physiatrists!