|Welcome to the Association of Academic Physiatrists! This online "welcome packet” contains information to help you begin to utilize the benefits included with your membership. We encourage you to take a few minutes to explore the links below and the rest of the AAP web site. Your membership includes the following benefits:
- The American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is published monthly. As a member, you will receive a subscription the print version of the Journal and access to the online content as well. Within a month of your membership application you will receive the Journal in print and an email directly from the Journal with the information needed to access your online subscription. AAP members are also provided Quick Access to AJPMR. You must login using your AAP website username and password to utilize the Quick Access link.
- The AAP Newsletter is published 3 – 4 times a year and contains news and information relevant to the field of PM&R. Past issues are also available on the AAP web site.
- The AAP e-Brief is sent weekly to members and contains an AJPMR summary, AAP news and updates and PM&R highlights.
AAP Annual Meeting
- The 2016 meeting will be held February 15-20 at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento in Sacramento, CA.
- As a member, you will receive a discount on your registration fee for courses and workshops focusing on PM&R research, education, administration, and clinical care.
- Abstracts for Poster Board Presentations, Scientific Paper Presentations and The Electrode Store Awards at the Annual Meeting will be accepted May - September 2015.
Volunteer opportunities with AAP
comprised of volunteer members each have a specific set of
responsibilities and goals, and are involved in various activities to
support and enhance academic PM&R. Members are expected to attend
committee meetings and conference calls. Volunteer applications for
committee members will be accepted beginning June 2, 2015.
- Micro-volunteers participate in volunteers tasks that can be completed quickly, without a repeated commitment. Micro-volunteer opportunities may include abstract reviewers, poster tour guides, journal podcast moderators, and others. Microvolunteer application to serve as a micro-volunteer.
- AAP special interest Councils provide forums in which ideas of potential interest to the AAP and of specific interest to the council can be discussed. Councils may offer special programming at the AAP Annual Meeting. In addition, the AAP website provides a private platform for council members to participate in discussion forums, share resources, collaborate on projects and more. Council membership is restricted to AAP members who qualify by virtue of position or status in training for that council.