Share your commitment to advance research, education, and academic development by participating in the 2015 AAP Member-Get-A-Member Campaign. By recruiting your colleagues to the AAP, you are contributing to the development and growth of the Association…a growing AAP means greater recognition for the specialty among the medical community, more resources and support for our members, and a larger network of medical professionals dedicated to improving patient care through research and education in PM&R.
Why Member-Get-A-Member Campaigns Work
A strong word-of-mouth marketing campaign is a important way to promote the continued growth of an Association. As an active member, you not only know the value that your membership provides in advancing your career and strengthening your profession, but you are also in daily contact with a wealth of prospective members at your institution and through your network of professional colleagues.
We are providing you with the resources that you need to reach out to your colleagues and also giving you an incentive for actively recruiting these individuals. We need your help in growing AAP membership.
Program Details & How to Participate
For every new or reinstated* AAP Member that you recruit for the 2015 membership-year, you will will be entered into a drawing for a $500 Gift Card or for a complimentary AAP Annual Meeting registration. Top recruiters will also be recognized in the weekly AAP e-Brief, Newsletter, and on the AAP website.
Simply ensure that the individuals that you refer to the AAP provide your name on their membership application when joining the AAP so that you can receive credit for your efforts. Below are two ways to participate:
1. Print copies of the AAP membership application to hand out personally to your colleagues, printing your name in the “Referral” section.
2. Direct your referrals to provide your name when they apply for membership online.
Recruiting new members to the AAP is easy. Follow the tips below to maximize the likelihood that the individuals that you speak to will join:
1. Identify the best prospects. Review your network of professional colleagues and identify those who could benefit most from AAP membership. Start with your home institution or program. Professors, Associate Professors, Instructors, Residents, and Fellows are all great Prospects. When meeting new individuals, consider asking whether or not they are a member of the AAP. If not, utilize the tools below to tell them about the AAP.
2. Know the benefits of membership. The AAP provides a wealth of valuable resources to our members. The more familiar that you are with these benefits, the better equipped you will be to discuss them with your colleagues. Try to remember why you first joined and how you have come to value new benefits as your career has progressed.
3. Give examples. Provide your colleagues with examples of how your AAP membership has benefited you in your career. A positive testimonial can be one of the strongest tools when recruiting new members.
4. Focus on their needs. Each individual has different needs regarding their professional development. Ask questions about their professional goals and what information they are looking for. Based on their answers, identify and highlight the benefits will be of greatest value to them.
5. Close with plan of action. After discussing the value of membership and your experiences with the AAP, provide them with a hard-copy of the AAP membership application or give them information on how to join online. Always refer them to the AAP website, www.physiatry.org, so that they can browse the site and get more information following your conversation.
6. Follow-up. Check back in a few weeks to politely inquire about whether or not they’ve joined and to ask if they have any additional questions. If they haven’t already joined, this follow-up can serve as a reminder for them to do so.
7. Thank them. Send them a short message or e-mail, thanking them for considering AAP membership and supporting research, education, and academic leadership development in PM&R.
Program Rules & Regulations
- Only active members in good-standing can participate in the Member-Get-A-Member program.
- Program is not valid on renewals. Only new and reinstated memberships qualify for credit. Reinstatements are defined as memberships that have not been active since the 2010 membership year or earlier.
- To receive credit for a recruit/referral, the new member must include the referring member’s name on their application.
- Program valid for memberships received with payment between April 1, 2015 and February 15, 2016.
- Program rules and incentives are subject to change by the AAP.
- Grand prize includes your choice of a complimentary registration for the 2016 AAP Annual Meeting or a $500 Gift Card.
- The drawing will be held at the 2016 AAP Annual Meeting in Sacramento.
- Prize is non-transferable and may not be exchanged for alternative prizes.
For more information or to request membership applications, contact:
Association of Academic Physiatrists
Phone: (410) 654-1000
Fax: (410) 654-1001