Site Sponsor Application Instructions
Please Read these instructions carefully:
- We are asking sponsor sites to apply early so that medical students from all over the U.S. and Canada can contact them to look for potential clinical mentors. We encourage applications from faculty who precept students from outside of their own university.
- Once sites receive approval, they will be listed on the AAP website and in advertising media, and students will begin contacting them via the contact person listed in the application.
- The sponsor site must be a PM&R department at a LCME accredited medical school in the United States or Canada, and must sponsor and ACGME accredited residency program.
- By submitting an application, the sponsor agrees to cover travel and registration expenses for the AAP Annual Meeting for each student sponsored. The application will not be accepted unless these expenses are paid for by the site.
- Each must identify an ABPMR certified faculty member who will serve as the site director, and primary mentor for the student. The goal is to give the student clinical exposure in an academic PM&R practice.
- Each site must commit to the program curriculum as designed by Program Director R. Sam Mayer, MD, that will last eight weeks and begin before June 15, 2016 and end before August 17, 2018.
- The Deadline is 11:59 pm EST on January 8, 2016 to supply all information. No applications will be accepted after this deadline. Sponsors must reapply annually.
- We will allow one award to go to one institution. However, some sponsor sites may not be assigned a student, depending on the number of available student sites and applicants.
Please Note: The contribution by the hosting PM&R Department would be to agree to support the travel, hotel and registration of the trainee to the AAP Annual Meeting to allow students to present their research, observe scientific paper presentations, network with participants in the current PAL and RMSTP programs, and to meet additional mentors.
Questions? Email Amy Schnappinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.