Call for Late Breaking Abstracts - Details
The AAP Call for Late Breaking Abstracts for presentation at the 2016 AAP Annual Meeting in Sacramento is now open!
Submission Deadline: December 18, 2015
WHY PRESENT YOUR WORK AT AAP 2016?
Don't miss out on the opportunity to present your work at the 2016 AAP Annual Meeting in Sacramento! Presenting your work at the AAP Annual Meeting places you at the heart of a community dedicated to mentorship, leadership, and discovery in academic physiatry.
Leading physiatrists will see your science and the dedicated dedicated session time will provide an opportunity to discuss your work and expand your network of colleagues, mentors, and researchers in PM&R.
Of all late-breaking abstracts submitted for considerations, only six will be considered for an oral presentation. The Late-Breaking Session will feature the top six abstracts. These are formal oral presentations, each followed by a brief discussion.
SUBMISSION POLICIES & PROCEDURES
An automatic email confirmation will be sent to the submitting author and all co-authors when the submission process has been completed.
- Register online via www.physiatry.org and complete all of the tasks below by December 18, 2015.
- Input the names and e-mails of all co-authors (click on each co-author’s name to fill in additional information)
- Prompt your co-authors to confirm their contact info and fill out necessary forms by clicking the blue bubble icon next to their names.
- Complete the Annual Meeting Disclosure and LWW Disclosure and Copyright Transfer.
- Enter the abstract content.
- Identify the Presenting Author during the online submission process.
- Faxes and e-mails containing abstracts and award papers will not be considered.
- Click the link in the confirmation e-mail to enter or confirm contact information and view necessary forms.
- Agree to and electronically sign the terms and agreements, including the Disclosure and Copyright Transfer.
- AAP accepts original research abstracts that have been presented at other medical and scientific meetings. Resub-missions will be evaluated on criteria relevant to the educational objectives of the AAP Annual Meeting.
- All abstracts submitted for Research Studies must be structured to summarize the research Objectives, Design, Results and Conclusions. The objectives should contain the background and purpose of the study. The design section should explain key methods, procedures, interventions, and any controls in the study. This allows the reader to infer limitations of the data. Abstracts containing statements such as data to be presented” or "the significance of the findings will be discussed” are not acceptable. The conclusions should explain the meaning and importance of the results, and perhaps state any new question identified.
- The text in the abstract must be limited to 300 words or less. References, Tables, and Figures may not be included in the abstract submission but may be included in the presentation.
- Do not include identifying author information, or mention of any location or institution within the abstract text.
Abstracts prepared according to the instructions and received in the AAP Office by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on December 18, 2015 via online submission at www.physiatry.org, will be independently peer reviewed on a "blind evaluation” (no name) basis. Only the abstract will be available to the reviewers for evaluation to determine merit for presentation.
The criteria for reviewing abstracts include: scientific merit, relevance, originality, and clarity. Evidence of completion of the project (i.e. specific results data) should be included in the abstract.
The educational value of the proposed abstract and the extent to which it presents new and significant information will be considered.
Selections will be made by the AAP Reviewing Committee
All authors will receive electronic notification (email) indicating acceptance or rejection of the abstract submitted in Mid January. (No phone calls please)
Statements made in presentations are the sole responsibility of the authors. Any statement made should not be viewed as, or representative of, any formal stance or position taken on any product, subject, or issue by the AAP.
- All submissions must be received via online submission by 11:59 p.m. (EST) December 18, 2015.
All authors will receive electronic notification (email) indicating acceptance or rejection of the abstract submitted in Mid January.
One author on each abstract must be identified as the Presenting Author during the online submission process and must register for the 2016 Annual Meeting prior to 11:59 p.m. (EST) on January 15, 2016. Online registration will be available at www.physiatry.org/Register.