AAP resident opportunity - AAMC Organization of Resident Representatives (ORR) Nominations
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
Posted by: Bernadette Rensing
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) invites the AAP to appoint two (2) resident physicians to serve in the Organization of Resident Representatives (ORR).
The ORR provides a resident voice on policy matters before the association and further offers leadership and professional development opportunities for those interested in academic medicine careers, through venues with peers, specialty society and faculty leaders, and related members of the medical education community.
The AAP is requesting nominations for one new appointee to join Shaun Darrah, MD (University of Pittsburgh) as AAP resident rep for the ORR.
AAMC will fully fund travel and meeting related expenses associated with ORR attendance of the 2 AAP residents to attend both the AAMC fall meeting and ORR spring professional development conference.
Please note, appointed residents are asked to bring the specialty perspective of fellow resident trainees to the deliberations of the ORR and are not explicitly expected to represent policy positions of the AAP.
- Candidate must be a member of AAP (or join prior to the nomination deadline)
- Candidate must be actively enrolled in a residency or fellowship program as of July 1, 2015
- Concurrently serving appointees should be enrolled at different institutions
- Institutions are limited to one (1) nominee per residency program
1) A letter of recommendation from the nominee’s Program Director, including support for nominee’s attendance at ORR meeting
2) A letter of recommendation from the nominee’s Department Chair, including support for nominee's attendance at ORR meetings
3) A written statement of commitment to attend ORR activities from the nominee
4) Nominee’s CV
to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for nominations is Friday, July 10, 2015.